- Sunny Side Up: ‘So much depends upon an (my Dad’s old grey) wheel barrow beside the three brown chickens’ (with apologies to William Carlos Williams)
- Singing, singing singing: Music Mind Map for IPM, Liverpoool Uni.
- Pyromania and rats who have now nested below the Yemaya house
- Cuban women musicians talk to Jan Fairley: ‘Saliendo del cuarto de Tula’; Camino de Santiago and ‘Old ladies’ exhibition photos up on Facebook.
- Critiquing Paul Simon and Graceland revival: could Simon not be taken for a ‘rip off” merchant?
Mahesh Mehta on Jerez Festiva Olga Pericet: Ro… rosemaryburnett on APRIL JOY: HENNY PENNIES IN TH… Sara Trevelyan on Sunny Side Up: ‘So much… Garth Cartwright on Sunny Side Up: ‘So much… Kate Tucker on Singing, singing singing: Musi…
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Flamenco talk at Alba Flamenca on Friday went incredinly well! Big audience (with people turned away), delicious tapas and thrilling dancing from María ‘Tote’ Conte with Peter Standberg on guitar to formally end the night – a superb bulerias. I used a … Continue reading
Hi – I am planning to put up most of my writing here – commissions for Songlines, fRoots, The Scotsman, The List etc. I am also writing a cancer blog here too as more or less out of the blue … Continue reading
BLACK ROBERT MAMA ROSIN GUTFEELING RECORDS **** Quirky, rootsy music from a Swiss, Cajun punk trio re-assures us that wild creativity 2011 style is flourishing. This fresh take on North American French traditions gets these three cool young guys compared … Continue reading