- Sunny Side Up: ‘So much depends upon an (my Dad’s old grey) wheel barrow beside the three brown chickens’ (with apologies to William Carlos Williams)
- Singing, singing singing: Music Mind Map for IPM, Liverpoool Uni.
- Pyromania and rats who have now nested below the Yemaya house
- Cuban women musicians talk to Jan Fairley: ‘Saliendo del cuarto de Tula’; Camino de Santiago and ‘Old ladies’ exhibition photos up on Facebook.
- Critiquing Paul Simon and Graceland revival: could Simon not be taken for a ‘rip off” merchant?
Mahesh Mehta on Jerez Festiva Olga Pericet: Ro… rosemaryburnett on APRIL JOY: HENNY PENNIES IN TH… Sara Trevelyan on Sunny Side Up: ‘So much… Garth Cartwright on Sunny Side Up: ‘So much… Kate Tucker on Singing, singing singing: Musi…
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Since I last wrote i have been to London to meet my new grandson Theo. He is of course gorgeous. When we (I went with my daughter Fran) first met him he was still snuggled up as if in the womb, … Continue reading
Yesterday the Creole Choir of Cuba, known back home on the island as Desandenn (meaning Descendents) due to the fact that they are descendents of Haitians who fled to Cuba from Haiti at various points in the 19th and 20th … Continue reading
This extraordinary painting comes to mind when i think of the last two days. ‘Weeping Woman’ is the title of a favourite Picasso painting from the Spanish Civil War period which I have been lucky enough to see various times in my … Continue reading
Yesterday Friday July 15th at 15.43 pm my son Tom and his partner Beatrice had a baby who they have called Theo Daniel Christie Platt. Everyone is Jubilant. Bea had a tricky pregnancy as she had a massive blood clot … Continue reading
I have never been a Bowie fan – let’s face it i am ‘lite’ where UK music scene is concerned having been passionately attached to South American and world music sounds since the 1970s. Still in the 1980s I adored the … Continue reading
On friendship, being ‘suspended’ from school and the wearing of red leather gloves rather than Peruvian alpaca ones to peel a pear!
Yesterday Emily, a close friend of my daughter Fran, a ‘Business Woman of the Year’, who runs her own Edinburgh based award winning media design website company (ew multimedia), and who created the website of my daughter Rachel (Rachel Fairley and … Continue reading
After my operation back in March one of the tests to get out of hospital was to pass a ‘good motion’ via my new stiched-up colon. I lost the part of the colon which adds and subtracts water and juices so … Continue reading